Friday, October 30, 2015

All things health...

This post has been in the works for a long time now. But never made it to the written out phase. For a number of reasons.

1. My thoughts on this are kiiiiind of all over the place. I have like, a million on this subject.
2. Because of #1, all of my thoughts don't really have a point.
3. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea and thinking I have a bad self image and am fishing for compliments or am hypocritical or anything weird like that.

But, for whatever reason, I've felt a nudge to write about this so I'm going with it! Hopefully I find a point to all of this somewhere along the road haha.

Anyone that knows me knows that I like to exercise and eat healthy. It's my "thing" you could say.

Exercise has never been an issue for me. I started doing it daily in jr. high and pretty much haven't stopped since. I was hardcore dedicated to it even on my mission.
It sure wasn't pretty but I did it?

I ran competitively in high school and college and ran for fun on my mission and after and then I got into weight lifting and I really liked that and I like spin classes and I like yoga aaand you get the point. I super like working out. It's a total priority for me.

It's like therapy, ya know?

I feel more confident when I exercise. Shallow, I know. But really.

And I guess it's good because you hear all the time that you should exercise because it's good for your body.

So that's nice. Put a nice little checky mark next to that.

Then, we come to food. There is a saying floating around that abs are made in the kitchen. Do I believe it?

Yeah, I sort of actually do. When I eat good, healthy, and nutritious foods I've noticed that my body looks better. They make me feel better too so that's a plus.

But here is the dilemma that I face on the daily.

Do I restrict myself so I can have a rockin' bod, OR, do I say life's too short, OR, do I walk the scary line of balance?

This kills me.

I WANT my body to perform at tip-top shape, I WANT to be confident and feel good with how I look, I WANT to have a six pack, but I also WANT ice cream...or tacos.

This pretty much sums up my life.

I'm just over here trying to find balance. 

IT'S HARD. 

Don't get me wrong, I really do love healthy foods. They are usually what I gravitate towards too. But sometimes, man... sometimes a girl just wants an ice cream cone or a shiz ton of peanut butter. Ya feel me??

But, despite my insanely crazy and really strong cravings, I've tried to be better about listening to my body and deciding what it really needs. Do I reeeeeally need that cookie or am I just bored or am I actually hungry?

Sometimes I decide I don't need it and will eat something else and sometimes I eat the dang cookie. 

And it's good. And I enjoy it. 

Aaaaaand sometimes I go overboard and eat 5 cookies... Hahaha. 

Like I said, I'm working on the whole balance thing. 

I'm really just trying to be the healthiest I can for MY body while also not letting the good stuff in life pass by. 

I am a firm believer that our bodies are a gift and we are SO lucky to have them. And you only get one, so you should probs take care of it. 

So that's what I try to do.

But, on this rollercoaster of health, I've come to realize that health looks different on everyone. What works for me won't work for her and what works for her won't work for that girl over there and it's a very personalized thing. 

Like, some people can eat whatever they want and never gain a pound (lucky b's), and some can't go within 5 feet of a cupcake or they will gain 10 pounds.

One of my favorite people on Insta (@haleya_fit_happens) posted this a while ago and I think it says it best. 


I absolutely agree.

Btw, if anyone needs someone suuuuper motivating and incredibly fit to follow?? She's your girl. I did her 12 week program and it is muy, muy bueno. 

She also posted this.

She's awesome.

For now I'm going to stop worrying about the size of my thighs, how many calories are in that, what other people think of me and just eat healthy, exercise, and be happy. 

Phew.

I'm not really sure if I ever got to a point here... But, I got a few of my thoughts out. 

That's what blogs are for right??? Haha. 

So I guess if anyone needs me... I'll just be doing my Kayla workout rewarding myself by eating a cookie after :)







No comments:

Post a Comment