Monday, September 30, 2013

Week #17


Another eventful week here in Issaquah!! Sort of. haha.
 
On Friday, it was the funeral of the missionary in Mexico who died. His mom is in our ward and one of my favoritest ladies ever. She is a single mom and Peter was her only son so it was tragic really. But the funeral was absolutely beautiful. Elder Martino from the seventy came and spoke and there was just such a feeling of peace there. It was awesome. We go and see Mary pretty often and she is such an amazing lady! She is one tough cookie that's for sure. 

On Wednesday we had a meeting with President Choi and he told us that he was speaking at a fireside with Korean members only and asked if the sisters in our zone would sing I am a Child of God in Korean. Yeah that came as a shock. We had like 3 days to learn it! Good thing my companion is Korean. He wanted it memorized too so that was all I was singing last week. But, it turned out great and I still find myself singing it haha. It was a cool experience to be there at the fireside! I didn't understand a word but it made me realize that the gospel is the same no matter what language. I'm so grateful for that. 

What else... Nothing I guess. It has been raining so hard since basically last Friday. It hasn't stopped yet! Tracting in it is a blast. I am always wet and cold. I guess I should get used to it. Thank heavens for my rain boots!

That about wraps up my week... Thank you for all the love and support! Love you all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment