Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Mission

Well, I guess now is as good of a time as ever to post about this..
I haven't necessarily been dreading it but this has been an emotionally challenging and draining experience for me to say the least. But all in a good way! 

Josh got his mission call on Wednesday! 
He and his friends planned to go on their Senior Trip to the Grand Cayman, leaving on Wednesday (the day he got his call).
So, he picked it up early and had us all over for breakfast.

Let's just say.. I didn't sleep that night and I couldn't eat very much that morning I was so nervous! And I can't imagine how he felt.. Ha. 


By this point I was biting my lip to the point of bleeding because I didn't want to cry.. Haha.
I'm just happy my mom was there next to me and she did cry! 

She also thought to take pictures which I didn't do, so thanks mom!


Los Angeles, California Spanish speaking mission leaving July 25!

I couldn't have been happier about his call. It was such an amazing experience because I had conformation that this was where he was supposed to be for 2 years. 


Josh and his cute friends.

I'm not going to lie, at first I was frustrated with Josh because he opened his call and then left right after! For a week! With no cell service!
Sure, go ahead. Just drop this bomb on me and bail. Like, what the heck!?

But, I am actually glad it happened this way. It gave me time to think about the importance of this and it let me get my emotions in check. Or just cry. And cry.. He gets back in 4 days, so thank heavens I still have more time to pull it together. 

I really am so thankful for Josh and his willingness to serve. He is such a great example to me and I'm so grateful for the time I've had to spend with him. The people of LA are so lucky to have him!

More about missions here.

No comments:

Post a Comment