Monday, March 27, 2017

a tooth

A tooth. Yep. A chipped one. A chipped front tooth, I might add.

Back story...

When I was little, I was swimming at my friend McKenzie's house and we were racing across the pool. I wasn't wearing goggles and obviously didn't open my eyes under the water because I ran right into the wall!! Ahh, not my finest moment. It chipped my front tooth and unfortunately it was a permanent one.

Thankfully I got a filling and it was only a small corner. Fast forward, life is good, I hardly noticed it. But now, looking back at pictures, how the heck could I not notice it!??! It fit just fine on my small child mouth but then I kinda grew out of it! It totally made my tooth look crooked and was a different color. Oh well.

Soo, after my mission I got it fixed. Just because it was crooked and off color. They had to shave a bit more of my tooth off to make the filling stick but still pretty minor. No problems with it until about 2 weeks ago. I was just minding my own business eating my innocent piece of toast one morning and BAM. It popped off and I swallowed it!! I swallowed it! I kinda freaked out a little because surely that can't be good for my digestive system?? My dentist assured me that people have swallowed much worse and that I would survive haha.

IMG_6009.JPG

This is what I look like first thing in the morning with a chipped tooth. It's a winner. My dentist was super chill and got me in less than an hour after it happened. Praises. It was actually pretty funny.

I totally forgot about it again. Despite having to shave off more of my tooth, he made it look better than it ever has and I didn't give it one more thought. Theeeeeennnn, we were in Santa Cruz this past weekend eating lunch and I bit into my kinda crunchy baguette sandwich. No problems until about halfway through. I took another bite and knew instantly something wasn't right. I licked my teeth and my filling was gone!! IT WAS GONE. Actually, it fell on my plate (gross) but it was definitely not where it was supposed to be!! We were with our friends! In public! Not going home until the next day! The dentist didn't open until Monday! Oh my heck. I was mortified and this time it was so not funny. I told Kade and he just laughed. Nice... I did the best I could to hide it but eventually everyone found out. And laughed. Then felt bad for me. Cause let's be real, I'm pregnant and have a big chip in my front tooth. I really don't have a lot working for me here hahah.

I made it through the weekend and hardly opened my mouth. Ha really though! I smiled without showing teeth, I basically mumbled to try and keep my mouth closed and somehow, we made it.

I called the very second my dentist opened today and I was crushed to hear that he wasn't in and wouldn't be able to fix it until TOMORROW. That's a lot of days with a fat chip in your front tooth.

Kade keeps telling me to embrace it because it's "cute" and that I should just leave it!  Yeah, umm no thanks. But, here I am trying to embrace it. Please pray for me hahah.

IMG_6086.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment