Wednesday, April 26, 2017

california

Sometimes I really just want to kick myself for not taking pictures. I am just a space cadet! We have a nice, big camera but I aaaaalways forget to get it out or when I do the battery is dead or a basically any other excuse you can come up with. And I'm so mad at myself. every. time. I'm all for living in the moment and soaking it up while you're living it, but I really love pictures. I love looking back and having those memories!

Growing up my dad had a camera in our faces probably every day. He videotaped everything! From the not important, everyday life things, to the really important, monumental things. And now we have all of those on DVD at my parent's house and they are so awesome. We love busting them out on Sundays and they seriously make me so happy! Every person should have a well documented childhood. Those are sooo special to me!!

My parents were the cutest and even gave us a little handheld camcorder to start recording now so that our little babe can have all of those videos, just like I did. Sooo I'm trying...

Whew. There is my rant. And now to document our not-very-well-documented trip to California. Haha!

We were celebrating me finishing my internship and hitting the 30-week pregnancy mark!! Actually, we pretty much just crashed my sister's spring break and were looking for an excuse to get out of town haha.

We stayed with my angel Grandma and went to the beach and ate a lot. That was basically what we did every day and I loved every second of it!

IMG_6165.JPG

One day we went on a hike with my aunt April. It was so fun! And so pretty.

IMG_6149.JPG

The wild flowers were insane! They were taller than us! And, I'll never pass up an opportunity to decorate with flowers :)

IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6153.JPG

It's crazy to think that next time we come back to California we'll have a baby! Until then, I'm enjoying my time with Kade! Oh, and my mom and Emerson ;)

IMG_3383.jpg

 

No comments:

Post a Comment