Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Week #23

Another week goes by! With still nothing new to report... We are having a bit of a rough stretch here right now. It's frustrating because we do a TON of tracting. Ah well. Miracles are out there we just need to find them.
 
We did have a Zone Conference though. It was about how to solve the problems we are having through doctrine and principles. It was pretty cool. Then, we got in to setting goals for next year. Our mission has a goal to baptize 1200 people next year with our specific zone wanting to baptize 200. It's achievable I think. Definitely going to take some work but that's what we're here to do! I guess the hard thing for me about the Zone Conference was I walked away feeling that it was all about the numbers. I don't like that because I am here to help people. Not to just baptize them. Maybe I just thought about it the wrong way or something.
 
What else... We went on exchanges with our Sister Trainers. They are serving in the Tongan ward so I got to go to Tonga this week! It was pretty cool. They serve over our whole mission so we did a ton of driving. We didn't see too many people but I am dying to serve there!!!! I think it would be legit.
 
Funny story for this week... So it's like 9:15 on Sunday night and we are heading home. We are in the Southern most part of our area (which is like super sketchy) and my companion was not paying attention at all and nails a curb. Like, hard. 5 seconds after we hit the car is making a weird noise.. And she says,"I think I just blew the tires." So we pull over and sure enough! 2 flats! It was insane. They were totally trashed. Haha so we had to wait for the elders in our area to come help us and then we had to wait even longer for the sisters serving like 20 minutes away to come and take us home. It was a disaster haha. But on the bright side, I officially know how to change a tire! I changed 2!
 
So that is all for this week. Pray for the Washington Park area... It needs help. A lot of it. Thank you for all the love and support!!
 
Sister Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment