Friday, June 14, 2013

Letter #2


Hi fam!
So, this week was really hard. Remember we talked about how I wasn't going to get homesick because I never do? HA! I have never been so homesick in my whole entire life. Mom, I kept having dreams that you would come to the MTC just to say hi. That didn't really help ha. But it's good because I think I've said more prayers this week than I have in my whole entire life. Here is kind of a run down of what we've done this week.
On Sunday, our Branch President asked us to prepare a 5 minute talk on Faith in Jesus Christ and he was going to call on 2 randomly to give it during sacrament. I had this thought that I was going to get called on.. and... I did. So that was great. It wasn't too bad actually. For Relief Society, we had all the sisters in the MTC in the same place. It was so cool! There were so many!
The rest of the days kind of blend together truthfully. Lots of classes and lots of teaching investigators. We had this one investigator named Claudia who is Catholic but we met with her once and asked her to read the Book of Mormon. We were going back for our second visit with her and she didn't show up! Even though it isn't real I was devastated! I thought she was sincerely interested and now I know how I am going to feel probably every day out in the field haha.
On Tuesday I had this terrible headache that just would not go away and on Wednesday I had the body aches and the headache was still there and I was so congested. We tried to go to the clinic but it was closed so I sucked it up. On Thursday I felt the same so we finally got in to the clinic. The poor nurse asked me what was wrong and I just looked at her and started bawling. It took me a minute to pull myself together and to try and explain what was wrong. They did a strep and flu test on me. By the way, the flu test is the worst thing ever! The strep test sucks cause they shove that stupid swab at the back of your throat that makes you gag but the flu test... Uh. They shoved this really long q-tip looking thing up my nose! Like so far up my nose I was gagging and my eyes were watering. And they had to stick it up both nostrils! It was terrible. But the results came back and I don't have either. So that's good and bad. Good because it's not strep or the flu but bad because it's a virus which means they can't do anything. The doctor gave me some congestion medicine and told me to get some rest. I slept the whole entire day yesterday. The poor sisters had to take turns sitting outside the door in shifts. The Elders in my district offered to give me a blessing so I said yes. It was a really cool blessing. After I went to the clinic I was so worried that I wasn't going to be able to leave to Seattle on time. They are sticklers about making sure that everyone is completely healthy before they send them out into the field so I was stressing. But the Elder who gave me the blessing promised that I would be able to leave on time to Seattle so that made me feel soo much better! I'm feeling a lot better today which is good but I just have a nasty cough now. It was awful trying to sit through a temple session this morning with no water, a tickly throat, and trying to be quiet.
So, I leave for Seattle on TUESDAY! Ah thank heavens! I can't wait to get out there! Which reminds me... I WILL BE CALLING ON TUESDAY MORNING!! I hope you all will make arrangements because I cannot wait to talk to you all!! Mom, I know you're going to be at girl's camp but I hope you have a little bit of service so that I can talk to you! It's going to be pretty early so I'm sorry. Somewhere between5:30 and 8. I'm sorry that's a pretty big time gap but I honestly have no idea. I won't be able to talk very long but I want to atleast for a little. We have to leave the MTC at 4:30 am so it's going to be a pretty early morning. If you want to just send me a dearelder on Monday telling me what numbers to call that would be great.
Thanks for the package by the way! I'm mean and haven't shared the granola but truthfully I just don't want to. It's too good. And I love the shirt! I'm wearing it today! Everything from here on out you will have to send to the mission home in Seattle because I doubt I will have enough time to get anything else. Unless you send it through Postmart on Monday.
How was Lake Powell? I hope it was so much fun! And I hope you took lots of pictures... I need to see this boat. I'm so glad you sold the Jettas! Sorry mine is a pain in the butt. But, it's out of your hair now! Thanks for the letter Em :) I'm writing you back today! Finn and Indy... You guys suck. Write me! You know how missionaries say that getting letters is like Christmas? Well, I always thought they were a little dramatic before but.. It is so true. Getting letters is probably the best thing ever. I hope you all have a great week and the next time I write you it will be from Seattle!!
Thanks for all the love and support! I miss you all more than you know! This has been  one of the hardest things I've ever done but I've learned more and grown more than I ever have. This church is true. The Book of Mormon is becoming my most favorite book ever! I LOVE YOU ALL! SO MUCH!
Sister Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment