Friday, July 13, 2012

The Library



When people ask me what I'm doing these days my usual reply is reading. Followed by the usual reply of: Are you serious!? 

I have stayed home quite a few precious weekend nights to read in my career.. (Gasp) Yeah, I'm that serious. 

I have always been a reader. I was one of those kids that had their mom get mad at them because they were up too late reading, or would be in the middle of 3 different books at a time. 

So a few days ago, I dragged Emerson to the Orem Library with me.

It was magical!

I honestly forgot how much I LOVE the library. 
(Nerd moment.. Sorry not sorry)

(When we first got there I had to ask if my library card even worked because it was soo old. Embarrassing!)

Rows upon rows of beautiful books filled with hundreds of thousands of different stories.. I'm salivating just thinking about it. 
Given the choice between Facebook, Instagram, my beloved sudoku games and books.. Books win by a landslide. 

There is nothing so refreshing as sitting down and escaping to a magical place inside a book. Ooo, I love it :)

Back to my adventure at the library..
I didn't want to go overboard and get into 4 different books without the hope of finishing one, so my greedy hands fixed themselves on one book and away we went. 

But I promise Orem Library, I will be back!! 

"Reading takes us away from home, but more important, it finds homes for us everywhere."
- Hazel Rochman




2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you love to read! Top 5 favorites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that is so hard! I don't even think I could pick 5! Harry Potter is definitely in there though, I love those books.

    ReplyDelete