Monday, February 10, 2014

Week #36

This week was probably THE coldest week I've ever experienced. It snowed!!! And it's been in the 20's all week. It wouldn't be that bad except for the ridiculous humidity. I swear it just sucks the heat out of my bones. And the fact that we are outside walking around all day. Good times... It has been a little scary though because of all the ice everywhere. So here's a (not so) funny story. We were walking down someone's driveway and I stepped on a slippery brick and next thing I know I'm looking straight up into the sky. A car drove by and I just wanted to roll into the ditch. It was so embarrassing and I have some serious bruises to show for it.
 
Other than that, it was a pretty eventful week actually! We had a lesson with a referral named Kirk. He is great and pretty much knows more than I do about the gospel. He lives basically every aspect but when we invited him to be baptized we found out that he has a boyfriend and has for a while. We told him that God loves him anyway but he couldn't be baptized until he ended the relationship. He is going to keep praying and reading and we keep praying for him too.
 
Then, there is Nevan Bacon. We were finally able to meet with him and took him on a church tour. We were able to put him on date for March 8th so that's exciting! Another kid we found tracting. His name is Jung En Tsai. Or Peter. Hahaha. He is 18 and from Taiwan. He liked what we had to say and we put him on date for March 8th as well! He came to church the next day too! It was awesome. Too bad he thinks he is getting baptized by the prophet hahaha. Clearly we have a little explaining to do... But he is awesome anyway.
 
Mmmm... what else. Oh! Hilarious story. So we go to see this less-active black lady, Sister Cain, and she answers the door holding a bible. She was like, "Oh! Hi! The Jehovah Witnesses are here studying with me! Come on in!" Hahaha me and my companion just looked at each other and politely declined and told her we'd come back... Just for the sake of all of us. As soon as we left we both busted up laughing. It was so funny.
 
I think that's about it... Things are picking up here and we are loving it! We're hoping to see more and more miracles happen. I have been studying the Atonement a ton this week and I'm so grateful for it. The more I learn about it, the more I appreciate the sacrifice Jesus Christ made for me. I will be forever grateful for that! I love you all!!! You're the best!
 
Sister Brian!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment