Monday, January 28, 2013

Yuminess

So, I don't know if it's really much of a secret.. But uh. I like to eat. Like it's great, ya know? 
I eat a ton! I can for sure put it away. But I also like to eat healthy so it can sometimes be kind of conflicting... until now! I found my newest addiction and they are healthy and yummy!
Maybe not in the massive quantities I eat them but one step at a time..

Energy Balls
 (in my defense I didn't come up with the name)

1 cup dry oatmeal
2/3 cup toasted coconut - it doesn't have to be toasted but I love the crunchiness you get if it is
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ - I actually usually do both
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
(I usually add a few spoonfuls of chia seeds and some cinnamon too)

by the way.. in the pictures I doubled the recipe so that's why there is massive amounts







they kind of look like bird food.. haha but I promise they're good!!


K, now that you've got all that stuff.. stick it in a big bowl and have at it! Seriously. Just stir and form into little balls! Store them in the fridge and voila!




2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a good recipe like this...it look fantastic!! I'm am definitely going to have to try them =)

    ReplyDelete